5 October 2009

Oh dear!


Oh dear indeed!

I'm flogging myself with a wet noodle. I admit, I'm guilty. Guilty of not blogging enough and thus depriving you of essential information such as the new Wander LP box set and other possibly interesting tidbits of information.

So, in a pathetic attempt to make up for me neglecting my fans I'm flogging the night away. Meanwhile, with my free hand, I'm typing up this information. Here goes….

1. Wander – Wander LP box set in an edition of 10 numbered and signed copies
Highly luxurious release on Beam Ends records. This handmade box (made by the same company that manufactured the Raymond Dijkstra velvet boxes for his albums De Gelofte and De Gedachte) contains a hand pressed clear vinyl album, that plays the music from the inside out. Two long tracks of beautiful ambience. The box also contains a Wander band T-shirt to proudly wear on your nights out. Needless to say, we are very proud of this release. A grand total of 10 copies were made, 2 of which are for our personal archives. This leaves 8 copies on the open market. If you're interested in reserving your copy, please send an e-mail to info@beequeen.nl. We're expecting to be able to ship in 2 weeks.

2. Wander – Wander CD in card sleeve
The fruits of our very interesting session are finally available on Divine Frequency. Copies are 10 Euros each, which is a snip considering the great music and sleeve. Send your mails to the usual address, marked "I know good music when I see it".

3. Beequeen – Ownliness CD re-release
Finally available are the new copies of Ownliness. Those in the know will probably already be proud owner of a copy. Those who don't own a copy, can purchase one directly from us at 10 Euros. The enigmatic cover is still in place of course. Send your mails to the usual address , marked "I know a good cover when I hear one".

4. Raymond Dijkstra – De Nacht LP release
Beam Ends records will release a vinyl album by Raymond Dijkstra in the not-too-distant future. The vinyl LP will be hand painted and comes in a hand painted heavy carton gatefold cover. The edition is limited to only 10 numbered copies. Even though most copies have been reserved, there might still be a copy waiting for you. The price of a copy of this unique release is 100 Euros. You know where to send your mails……

That might be it for now. Frans, Olga and I are working very hard on the new Beequeen album. It looks like the recording part will be finished pretty soon now. The mixing part will then commence. Exiting times! Since this is a bit of a Wander-mail and we don't have any Wander images, I took the liberty to Google "Wander" and reproduce the first image that I found.

Oh, and a final bit of news: Frans de Waard has a lovely new blog out here in cyberspace about 25 years of Korm Plastics. Since I hold KP and all the work that Frans spends on this in high esteem, I would urge you all to have a peek at this blog, where, no doubt, I will make the occasional interlectual insert as well. The blog can be found here: http://kapottemuziek.blogspot.com/

No comments: